Inventory Clerk – Houston, TX
Excell Battery Company, a leading battery pack assembler, has an immediate need for Inventory Clerks in Houston, TX.
SUMMARY OF JOB FUNCTION
This role is focused on the receiving of product purchased, proper and orderly storage of inventory items, picking and shipping of product to customers, cycle counts and overall warehouse administration.
- Perform receiving functions including verification and inspection of inbound material and product as well as entering receiving information into ERP System.
- Where necessary, contacts carriers for inbound freight charges so that these costs are accounted for with respect to product costs.
- Correctly stores inventory items in proper shelf bin locations; maintains accurate bin location information for each item in the computer system.
- Groups “like product” by specific date code and shipping/receiving follows a first in/first out system to ensure stock remains fresh and sellable. Product Bin Cards are to be accurately maintained by date code for each inventory item.
- Issue Shop Travelers (Jobs) as requested by Production Manager.
- Receive Shop Travelers (Jobs) into ERP System upon completion of assembly.
- Kit jobs, using Shop Travelers, as per requirements of Production Schedule.
- Issue materials and actual labor from jobs in Syspro after job is complete.
- Completes scheduled warehouse inventory cycle counts as directed by Production Manager and resolves any potential problems that arise from accurate cycle counts.
- Maintains a clean and organized warehouse in keeping with the requirements of best warehousing practices Receive Shop Travelers (Jobs) into Syspro after completion of assembly.
- Become familiar with invoicing procedures and back up Inside Sales as required.
- Assist in packaging of product as required.
- High School Diploma
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Good Communication skills and interpersonal skills to work well with others.
- Strong Computer skills, including Microsoft Office Computer Skills and an aptitude to learn other computing software are required.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.