Oil and Gas Industry
Excell Battery Company supplies batteries for various downhole oilfield applications. No other battery application places as high a demand on the ability of cells and batteries to withstand high temperature, high vibration, and high shock. This unique environment requires users to carefully select, specify, and design in cells and batteries for their application.
Excell Battery is a Master Value-Added Reseller for Electrochem Batteries, the leading supplier of high temperature capable lithium cells. This relationship ensures that Excell Battery Company receives the latest technical information, training on battery pack assembly, safety and handling, as well as top level technical support. These benefits can be passed directly on to users of high temperature lithium batteries.
Use of lithium cells from Electrochem
Batteries and cells used in the downhole environment require a very unique battery design. High temperature lithium cells from Electrochem are best suited for these applications because of:
- High voltage – 3.6 to 3.9 V per cell
- Highest energy density of any power source. This is a unit of measurement describing how much energy per weight or volume in a cell.
- High temperature capability – lithium cells can be designed to withstand temperatures up to 200 C.
- Capability of withstanding extreme amounts of shock and vibration
- Manufacturing process that ensures extremely high reliability and safety.
Our High Temperature Battery Pack Features
Excell Battery manufactures battery packs from these high temperatures cells. Our battery packs feature:
- Components capable with withstanding the temperature rating of the battery without degradation or out-gassing.
- Carefully controlled internal welds and solder joints.
- Proper selection of epoxies, encapsulants, heat shrink, and battery casings suitable for the application.
- Assembly techniques specific for high temperature, high vibration, and high shock environments.