Battery packs manufactured by Excell Battery are engineered to withstand and operate in aggressive drilling environments commonly encountered around the world. Excell Battery’s downhole battery packs contain cells from the leading manufacturers of high-temperature Lithium Thionyl Chloride cells.
- High quality and high-temperature lithium/thionyl chloride cells
- With integrated Criterion IV battery gauge
- Components capable of withstanding the temperature rating of the battery
- Carefully controlled internal welds and solder joints
- Proper selection of epoxies, encapsulants, heat shrink, and battery casings suitable for the application
- Assembly techniques specific for high temperatures, high vibration, and high shock environments
- All new components
- Tested and Certified in accordance with UN Manual of Tests and Criteria
Criterion Advanced Battery Monitoring
The Criterion CR4 gauge and application is a new-generation advanced battery monitoring system that provides users with the capability to record battery usage and the ability to analyze downhole conditions.
Standard Downhole Battery Specifications
|Part Number||Description||Cell Type||Max Temp||OCV||Capacity||Dimensions||More Info|
|2EXL10518CR4||APS 10-Cell Battery with CR4||DDHR||150C||36V||28Ahrs||1.46" x 57.4"||More Info|
|2EXL10404PLM||Applied Physics 8-Cell Battery with CR4||DDMR||165C||29V||29Ahrs||1.46" x 46.6"||More Info|
|2EXL10000CR4||Bluestar 8-Cell Battery with CR4||DDMR||165C||29V||29Ahrs||1.485" x 46.75"||More Info|
|2EXL4910T||EvoOne 10-Cell Battery with CR4||FatD||150C||36V||29Ahrs||2.096" x 37.724"||More Info|
|2EXL4601EX||Extreme Engineering 8-Cell Battery||DDMR||165C||29V||29Ahrs||1.43" x 44.8"||More Info|
|2EXL10073CR4||Tensor 8-cell Battery with CR4||DDMR||165C||29V||29Ahrs||1.485" x 46.6"||More Info|
Note: all standard downhole batteries are available with different temp ranges. 546546
Integrating smart battery technology
Excell Battery’s world-leading Criterion 4 technology meets the requirements of oil and gas downhole tool users by providing complete information on battery pack usage along with the capability to analyze downhole conditions. The CR4 is integrated into batteries and provides users with capacity used, voltage, temperature, shock and vibration, rotation, and stick-slip.
Criterion 4 provides several benefits:
- Accurate measurement of how much life is left in the battery
- A highly reliable record of downhole conditions
- An additional source of information to verify a downhole tool’s own data collection
- Software-based analysis tools for recorded data
Our advanced smart battery technology also includes Criterion software: a sophisticated, intuitive, easy-to-use application for accurate data access and analysis
Excell Battery offers full-lifecycle custom battery design capabilities. We develop full solutions from engineering, manufacturing, to recycling. All of our battery solutions integrate cells from the most advanced cell manufacturers in the world.