Battery Bob: Your Battery Questions Answered in This Q&A Series
Bob Fay, Regional Manager of Excell Battery’s Houston office answers your questions in this ongoing series. From general Li-Ion questions to specific LWD battery pack queries, leave us a message and ask him yourself!
We will be posting all the answers in this YouTube playlist:
Current questions Bob has answered:
- How safe is a Li-Ion Battery Pack?
- How susceptible are battery packs to shock and vibration?
- How does a battery pack fuel gauge work?
- Is battery pack protection circuitry needed?
- What will happen if I puncture a Li-Ion Battery Pack?
- What is the shelf life of a Li-Ion battery pack in storage?
- What types of batteries are used in downhole drilling?
- What are the different types of lithium-ion battery cells?
- Is a LiFePO battery safer than a polymer or lithium-ion battery?
- What battery recycling facilities should I recommend to my customers?
- Can lithium-ion batteries become overcharged?
- Why would I need a custom lithium-ion battery pack?
- What’s an ideal battery State of Health (SoH)?